OUR HISTORY & ACHIEVEMENTS
You are joining a proud tradition, reaching back for six decades. The People to People Program was officially launched by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956.
- 1956 President Eisenhower's vision defines the People to People International mission
- 1961 People to People International was incorporated in Missouri and its operations moved there in October 1961 as a non-governmental and not-for-profit organization
- 1962 People to People International travels its first student group to Europe, briefed by Robert Kennedy
- 1976 Students visit China
- 1987 Students travel to Russia and meet Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev
- 1989 Students witness the fall of the Berlin Wall
- 2005 People to People International becomes the first student travel organization to go to all seven continents
- 2013 People to People International students host Chinese students during Presidential Inauguration
ECE International is an industry winning organisation having achieved the coveted Queens Award. The Queen's Awards for Enterprise is a highly prestigious award for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of Innovation, International Trade and Sustainable Development. The awards are made annually and are only given for the highest levels of excellence demonstrated in each category, and for having the 'corporate knighthood' bestowed on us by Her Majesty The Queen of England for the quality of our business.
Mike Clark is the Co-Founder of ECE International and a Board Director of SYTA – Student Youth Travel Association. In addition, Mike Clark also sits on the Steering Group of ETOA – the European Tour Operators Association. Experience in operating travel programs on different continents has been gained over many years with a number of the current team working with trusted partners with similar experience across the world.
Our aim is to ensure that all of our travel programs meet the stringent requirements of the Schools Travel Forum 'Learning outside the classroom' that necessitates risk assessment and safety auditing of our entire travel process. We are working with our worldwide partners to reach these benchmarks wherever we travel.